Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to print photos from my iPhone

Hi

when I try and print anything from my photos on my iPhone I only get blank pages. I can print from any other source. Can anyone help please

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, 14

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 7:47 AM

Hi Jan. thank you for your reply. The printer is an HP photo smart 5520. I can print from my laptop, I can print from an Email on my phone no problem. The only thing I can’t do is print from a saved photo or a text document that has been saved in my photo albums on my iPhone. It goes through the exercise of printing but prints a blank page. Also, I have noticed that there is a change in the sound of the printer when it is trying to print.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 7:47 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Hi Jan. thank you for your reply. The printer is an HP photo smart 5520. I can print from my laptop, I can print from an Email on my phone no problem. The only thing I can’t do is print from a saved photo or a text document that has been saved in my photo albums on my iPhone. It goes through the exercise of printing but prints a blank page. Also, I have noticed that there is a change in the sound of the printer when it is trying to print.

Sep 6, 2022 9:30 AM in response to Kojak14

Thank you for the information.

This is an AirPrint-enabled printer (About AirPrint - Apple Support).

With AirPrint, you can print from an iPhone, connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router) as the printer, without using an app from the printer manufacturer.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Is this the way you have printed from the iPhone, or are you using the HP Smart app?

Would it be correct to assume that you can print photos from the laptop as well?

Any change if you try to print a photo (via the printer's control panel) from a memory card?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-5520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5157533/model/5157535/document/c03564809

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-5520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5157533/model/5157535/document/ish_2387104-2310812-16

Unable to print photos from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.