Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Migration Assistant was touted as easy - but it appears I need two monitors AND both connected to the internet to accomplish this? I do do have this setup - I have my old mac mini set up and purchased a new mini.

The Migration Assistant was touted as easy - but it appears I need two monitors AND both connected to the internet to accomplish this? I do not have this setup - I have my old mac mini set up and purchased a new mini - not two monitors nor both connected to the internet. Feeling dumb ... have been hooking up my own stuff forever.

So is the best way to transfer my files to the new mini - just restore from my backup

and re-

setup all my applications??

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 8:28 AM

In this case, the best way to migrate to the new Mac mini, is using your old Mac mini’s Time Machine backup.

see > Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

The Migration Assistant was touted as easy - but it appears I need two monitors AND both connected to the internet to accomplish this? I do do have this setup - I have my old mac mini set up and purchased a new mini.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.