Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy data from mac mini to mac studio with only a single monitor

Hi Team,

I've just ordered the mac studio and need to copy my mac mini across when it arrives. Problem is possibly going to be that I only have 1 desktop monitor, the mini is connected to this at present and the studio will be too when it replaces the mini. Can I use Migration Assistant in this situation? Cheers

Nick

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 8:14 PM

Put the monitor on the new Mac studio, attach a Ethernet cable from the mini directly to the Studio. Power up both systems together, when the Studio comes up, it will ask you if you want to transfer info from another Mac.

Say yes, the two computers should sync up and transfer after you select what you want.

good luck

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2022 8:14 PM in response to Briar2013

Put the monitor on the new Mac studio, attach a Ethernet cable from the mini directly to the Studio. Power up both systems together, when the Studio comes up, it will ask you if you want to transfer info from another Mac.

Say yes, the two computers should sync up and transfer after you select what you want.

good luck

Copy data from mac mini to mac studio with only a single monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.