Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No VoLTE option on my iPhone12

Hi,

I am having a huge issue with calls dropping in my area (Ireland). I was advised to turn off the VoLTE option but when my network provider walked me through the steps there was no option.

anyone have any idea?

mall software is up to date

iPhone 12

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 8:32 AM

VoLTE (Voice over LTE) used to be an option that you could turn on or off. Now many carriers have given up "analog" (GSM) voice entirely. If your carrier has given it up then VoLTE is the only supported 4G protocol, and you can’t turn off VoLTE, because GSM voice is no longer supported by your carrier.

You can try updating carrier settings→Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. If your carrier still supports GSM voice then the carrier settings will add a VoLTE switch.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 8:32 AM in response to tivnana

VoLTE (Voice over LTE) used to be an option that you could turn on or off. Now many carriers have given up "analog" (GSM) voice entirely. If your carrier has given it up then VoLTE is the only supported 4G protocol, and you can’t turn off VoLTE, because GSM voice is no longer supported by your carrier.

You can try updating carrier settings→Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. If your carrier still supports GSM voice then the carrier settings will add a VoLTE switch.

No VoLTE option on my iPhone12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.