Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to send the emails using the "Mail" app on my Mac. The very same issues happen with any 3rd party app, not only the native software. I'm able to view the messages, able to read them, but when I try to send the message the error occurs

The very same issues happen with any 3rd party app, not only the native software. I'm able to view the messages, able to read them, but when I try to send the message the error occurs:

The connection to the server "smtp.gmail.com" through the default ports has timed out.

Select a different outgoing server from the list below, or click Try Later to leave the message in your outbox until it's sent.

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 4:52 AM

Follow all the suggestions in If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support.

Needless to say, if you are using any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products including "banking security", anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. A lot of things won't work if you do.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2022 4:52 AM in response to AlejandroAuditore

Follow all the suggestions in If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support.

Needless to say, if you are using any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products including "banking security", anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. A lot of things won't work if you do.

Not able to send the emails using the "Mail" app on my Mac. The very same issues happen with any 3rd party app, not only the native software. I'm able to view the messages, able to read them, but when I try to send the message the error occurs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.