Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with my MacBook's server when sending emails

I run my gmail account through my MacBook and have been unable to send any emails over the last week. The message "the email address ******@gmail.com" was rejected by the server'. and a'an error occurred while sending this message using the SMPT server (null)"

I have read through a number of solutions on the internet but none have worked so I was hoping someone in this community was able to help.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 12:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 1:18 AM

Hello there,

There are some ways to fix this problem, first and easy way is to remove your Gmail account on the Mail app on your Macbook and sign in to it again, to do so, follow these steps: Go to the Preferences > accounts > from the list high light your Gmail account and click (-) sign and follow the on-screen instructions, on "the internet account" windows again high light your Gmail account and hit the minus sign (-) again and remove the account. Then open Mail app and add your Gmail account again. Open the preference > accounts and on the server settings tab > outgoing server accounts > choose Google, you're done. For testing just send an email to yourself and see the result. If this doesn't solve your problem, write here again and I'll give you other solutions.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2022 1:18 AM in response to Ternent2

Hello there,

There are some ways to fix this problem, first and easy way is to remove your Gmail account on the Mail app on your Macbook and sign in to it again, to do so, follow these steps: Go to the Preferences > accounts > from the list high light your Gmail account and click (-) sign and follow the on-screen instructions, on "the internet account" windows again high light your Gmail account and hit the minus sign (-) again and remove the account. Then open Mail app and add your Gmail account again. Open the preference > accounts and on the server settings tab > outgoing server accounts > choose Google, you're done. For testing just send an email to yourself and see the result. If this doesn't solve your problem, write here again and I'll give you other solutions.

Issues with my MacBook's server when sending emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.