Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can receive but not send email

Ever since the most recent update of my MacBook Air 11 to macOS Monterey, one of my gmail accounts will not allow me to send emails. I can receive them all day long, but when I try to send I get the error message to re-enter my password. Then it rejects the password. This happens to be my business email account. My other personal gmail account and my personal (old) aol account work just fine. The email password works on my iPhone and other devices.

Before deleting the mailbox and re-adding it I was hoping there could be a simpler answer?

Thanks for any advice!

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 3:13 PM

The most expedient way to fix that problem is to remove the problematic Mail Account, and then add it again.

First remove: Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Then add: Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Google won't delete your email messages. They will remain on their server, and Mail will repopulate your Inbox upon adding the account(s) again. Don't delete any Mailboxes.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2022 3:13 PM in response to HeatherD213

The most expedient way to fix that problem is to remove the problematic Mail Account, and then add it again.

First remove: Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Then add: Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Google won't delete your email messages. They will remain on their server, and Mail will repopulate your Inbox upon adding the account(s) again. Don't delete any Mailboxes.

Can receive but not send email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.