Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Able to receive Gmail but unable to send on Mac Pro, OS 10.13.6

I am switching to Gmail for a variety of reasons. I have set up Gmail on my MacBook Pro and it is working perfectly. I am having an issue on my older Mac Pro, running OS 10.13.6.

MacMail is Version 11.5 (3445.9.7)

I have what looks like identical accounts on both computers but I am only able to receive Gmail on my Mac Pro, I cannot send it.

While attempting to add a new Mail account via the Internet Accounts under my System Prefs, I get a message stating: "Unable to verify account name or password." And that is as far as i t goes.

I am receiving any and all email sent TO my gmail account, it just will not send it from this computer.

I am stymied.

I am using the correct user name, the correct email address, the correct password. Just not sure what to try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mac Pro

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 7:57 AM

Spoke with Apple support - we figured it out. The solution was to trash the Gmail account, but MOST important - restart the computer! I had trashed the Gmail account a few times but did not restart the computer before creating a new account. Once I did that - perfect! Solved!

1 reply

Able to receive Gmail but unable to send on Mac Pro, OS 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.