Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My I movie on my mac book pro changes the colour contrast as soon as uploaded what to do?

My I movie app on max book pro changes the colours and makes it look bright as soon as uploaded I am losing original resolution

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 10:59 AM

If you are importing photos from your cell phone taken with HDR, that can cause the photos to display very brightly in iMovie on Mac operating systems that have not yet updated for compatibility with HDR.

Try upgrading your OP and/or try removing the HDR and see if it makes a difference.

See the following link to a thread on this forum in case anything in there helps you:

When I import videos from the IPhone 12 I… - Apple Community

. . . and this link:

Adjust HDR camera settings on iPhone - Apple Support

If the above is not the problem, try deleting preferences. To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can import without the undue brightness.

Also, you can try the following procedures:

Resetting the System Management Controller

Try resetting the System Management Controller (but no longer available for the new M1 computers):

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Resetting the NVRAM or PRAM

Try resetting the NVRAM or PRAM,.:

Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 10:59 AM in response to Tush30

If you are importing photos from your cell phone taken with HDR, that can cause the photos to display very brightly in iMovie on Mac operating systems that have not yet updated for compatibility with HDR.

Try upgrading your OP and/or try removing the HDR and see if it makes a difference.

See the following link to a thread on this forum in case anything in there helps you:

When I import videos from the IPhone 12 I… - Apple Community

. . . and this link:

Adjust HDR camera settings on iPhone - Apple Support

If the above is not the problem, try deleting preferences. To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can import without the undue brightness.

Also, you can try the following procedures:

Resetting the System Management Controller

Try resetting the System Management Controller (but no longer available for the new M1 computers):

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Resetting the NVRAM or PRAM

Try resetting the NVRAM or PRAM,.:

Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

-- Rich

My I movie on my mac book pro changes the colour contrast as soon as uploaded what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.