Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlocking ipod touch (possible) from garage sale

I bought ipod touch or older generation at a garage sale. how do i get around passcode? I have tried several suggestions regarding access thru my apple account with it plugged into my laptop.

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 11:31 AM

Passcode is trivial to bypass, while Activation Lock is not.

If you forgot your iPod touch passcode - Apple Support

Activation Lock is a theft deterrent and not easy to bypass and not something Apple will assist with bypassing. And this iPod Touch is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen device. If the seller is unavailable or unwilling to unlock it, or to refund, recycle it.

Here is how the seller can remotely unlock it, if they still have the Apple ID and password:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 11:31 AM in response to mammajoycer

Passcode is trivial to bypass, while Activation Lock is not.

If you forgot your iPod touch passcode - Apple Support

Activation Lock is a theft deterrent and not easy to bypass and not something Apple will assist with bypassing. And this iPod Touch is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen device. If the seller is unavailable or unwilling to unlock it, or to refund, recycle it.

Here is how the seller can remotely unlock it, if they still have the Apple ID and password:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

unlocking ipod touch (possible) from garage sale

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.