Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a ipod model a1509 from a yardsale and cant get past the passcode screen. Please help

I bought a ipod model a1509 from a yardsale and cant get past the passcode screen. Please help

iPod Touch

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 8:16 PM

If the problem is activation lock, you will not be able use it without knowing the original ID and Password. See Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

Oct 14, 2022 12:06 PM in response to Xxx0666

You probably won't be able to use it.

Follow the steps in the support document you posted from to restore it to factory settings. That should remove the passcode and maybe let you use it.

However, if it was logged into iCloud and Find My was turned on you will encounter Activation Lock. That is an Anti-theft deterrent and cannot be bypassed in any way. If that happens, there will be no way to use the iPod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.