Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook won't connect to wifi

After a factory reset, why will my MacBook not connect to wifi at all, and what can I do to get it to connect?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 8:26 PM

wsa1l5 Said:

"MacBook won't connect to wifi: After a factory reset, why will my MacBook not connect to wifi at all, and what can I do to get it to connect?"

-------

If nothing in my above reply works, then...

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost, it's just that sometimes changes are made to your system, and then then processes become corrupted, technically. When reinstalling, deleted files are reinstalled, and misplaced files are moved back to where they should be. Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 8:26 PM in response to wsa1l5

wsa1l5 Said:

"MacBook won't connect to wifi: After a factory reset, why will my MacBook not connect to wifi at all, and what can I do to get it to connect?"

-------

If nothing in my above reply works, then...

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost, it's just that sometimes changes are made to your system, and then then processes become corrupted, technically. When reinstalling, deleted files are reinstalled, and misplaced files are moved back to where they should be. Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Sep 6, 2022 8:25 PM in response to wsa1l5

wsa1l5 Said:

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install.

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

MacBook won't connect to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.