Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device performance deteriorating rapidly, unknown issues.

For a very long time my iPhone 7+ has had issues with apps randomly crashing, the phone running slow, internet and cellular connection not working properly, etc. The rest of my family owns the same iPhone but they don’t encounter some of the issues that I do. Recently, what was a decently annoying problem with my iPhone disconnecting from 4G cellular data randomly and going to 1x became a consistent issue. It used to happen every 15 minutes or so and last only 10 seconds or so. But now my phone constantly has intermittent issues telling me I have no service, zero bars, or I’m running on 1x (which does nothing). I don’t know what could have caused this issue. I fear the possibility of malware but my understanding is that malware on an iPhone is a very slim possibility. I go to some websites without secure connections, I’ve accidentally clicked on questionable links, clicked on adds that modify the phone’s calendar, and I’ve downloaded files online. Can any of these things plant Malware in my device?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 10:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 11:15 PM

The issues faced by you are...

1. You asked, that "Can any of these things plant Malware in my device"?
    1. the possibility of malware
    2. clicked on questionable links
    3. clicked on ads that modify the phone’s calendar
    4. I’ve downloaded files online
      1. Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.
      2. iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed them on your device or/and have Jailbroken
      3. Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods
  5. Beware of Phishing

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 11:15 PM in response to The_Vault2

The issues faced by you are...

1. You asked, that "Can any of these things plant Malware in my device"?
    1. the possibility of malware
    2. clicked on questionable links
    3. clicked on ads that modify the phone’s calendar
    4. I’ve downloaded files online
      1. Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.
      2. iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed them on your device or/and have Jailbroken
      3. Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods
  5. Beware of Phishing

Device performance deteriorating rapidly, unknown issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.