Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final cut pro title 'not fitting' on screen

hello all

I am using the four corners title but cannot see the whole title in my frame below. What am I doing wrong?

Please can someone guide me.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 5:33 AM

I don’t think this title will work with vertical video, which I think your project is. There is a Social category designed for vertical video. You might also be able to use Motion to open a copy of the title and modify it to use your needs.

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 8, 2022 2:43 PM in response to rayted

Sorry for the delay in response -- I was going to make a few tweaks for you so that you could use Four Corners in vertical video. However, once I started digging around, I came to the conclusion that *this title is a mess!* Not a whole lot of it made any sense. The "four corners" seemed randomly placed on the screen and the two texts didn't really align in any semblance of logic from Location to Location.

I took some time to rebuild Four Corners from scratch to make it *considerably* more adaptable for any purpose/aspect ratio.

You can download my rebuild (Four Corners - Alt) from this page:

https://fcpxtemplates.com/downloads

[https://fcpxtemplates.com/installing-plugins-for-fcpx/ if you need help installing it.]

To outline the changes I incorporated:

an OSC to position the text group anywhere on the screen. By default, is it set up as a "lower third" in horizontal formats, but somewhat centered lower third in vertical video (9:16).

Location is changed to Animation Direction.

You now have the ability to change the *Distance travelled* by the individual text with Distance.

There is a Grow Amount to allow adjustment of the "drifting" scale.

Instead of a Build In/Build Out, there is an Animation Time. You can set the time the texts animate in and out from No animation (0) to up to 1/2 the length of the title in and 1/2 out (constant animation).

Title and Subtitle each have the following parameters:

Title (Subtitle) Color (initial colors set up the same as the original)

The text (for convenience)

Collection (useful if you categorize your fonts in Font Book)

Font

Size

Alignment

*Offset* (this is a "relational" position offset from it's basepoint. You can customize the appearance/arrangement of the two text any way you like!)

Rotation (this is *character* rotation, each character is rotated individually as opposed to the entire text object being rotated).

Slant (not often offered, but can be interesting since it can be keyframed.)

There is also a Drop Shadow option, but it applies to both texts at once (not individually applied).

HTH

Final cut pro title 'not fitting' on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.