Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble up loading apple music from iphone 13 pro max to itunes on laptop

i have an iphon 13 pro max. I am trying to transfer my apple music library over to the itunes app on my laptop and I am having difficulty doing so. I read that itunes is no longer being used, does this mean I need to download the Apple Music app to my laptop and then I can transfer my library over?

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 9:45 AM

KatB0731 wrote:
I read that itunes is no longer being used, does this mean I need to download the Apple Music app to my laptop and then I can transfer my library over?

No. iTunes is still used on Windows computers, despite what you've read.*

You need to sign into your iTunes account in iTunes on your laptop, have you done that?

* iTunes is no longer used on Mac machines using Mac OS Catalina or later. On Mac OS Mojave or earlier, and on Windows machines, it is still iTunes.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2022 9:45 AM in response to KatB0731

KatB0731 wrote:
I read that itunes is no longer being used, does this mean I need to download the Apple Music app to my laptop and then I can transfer my library over?

No. iTunes is still used on Windows computers, despite what you've read.*

You need to sign into your iTunes account in iTunes on your laptop, have you done that?

* iTunes is no longer used on Mac machines using Mac OS Catalina or later. On Mac OS Mojave or earlier, and on Windows machines, it is still iTunes.

trouble up loading apple music from iphone 13 pro max to itunes on laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.