Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

file share without zip

I am trying to send MS Word or MS Excell files through gmail / Watsapp web, but files shared are zipped. opening on other devices like windows or android- file format not supported.

how to share files without zipping?

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 10:00 AM

2 replies

Sep 8, 2022 11:12 AM in response to shivPrasad6608

I find it is best to put the files into the archive myself, but even this has proven to have issues when I've shared them through MS Sharepoint where for some reason the files could no longer be opened after downloading. I've never had a problem sending & receiving .zip files through normal email even with Microsoft Outline (online version).

Many email providers will not allow attachments through unless they are in an archive bundle of some sort especially for files which may have executables associated with them. Word & Excel documents sometimes may include macros or some executable code with certain types of constructed documents which may be why they have been automatically zipped. Or maybe those services have a setting enabled to automatically zip attachments. @Barney-15E is correct that you will likely need to contact those vendors for assistance.

file share without zip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.