Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to send large attachments in email?

What's the best/easiest way to send emails with large attachments? I'm using Mac Mail 16.0 and gmail as my internet account which limits email size to 25mb. I have shared files through google drive and iCloud which is kind of awkward to do and files shared in iCloud seem to affect the way I can manage them on in my desktop apps, like when I share a folder of word documents, I cannot rename them unless I unshare the folder.

And what is this game center account? Can I delete it? I don't game.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 12:37 PM

9 replies

Oct 20, 2022 12:52 PM in response to Staynavytom

Staynavytom wrote:

What's the best/easiest way to send emails with large attachments? I'm using Mac Mail 16.0 and gmail as my internet account which limits email size to 25mb. I have shared files through google drive and iCloud which is kind of awkward to do and files shared in iCloud seem to affect the way I can manage them on in my desktop apps, like when I share a folder of word documents, I cannot rename them unless I unshare the folder.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/07a0993f-2d24-45c9-ac83-bd12e4fe9acb

You've already answered your own question. There is no way to send it via regular mail when it exceeds the size limit.

Oct 20, 2022 1:25 PM in response to Staynavytom

Staynavytom wrote:

Make sure the attached file is at least 25 MB. If it is smaller than that, create a ZIP file and add some large junk image or something to push the size past 25 MB. After 25 MB, Mail Drop will be triggered and the recipient will get a link to download the attachment.

Click the "-" button at the bottom.

How to send large attachments in email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.