Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send messages via Mac

I am unable to send some messages via my Mac. It appears to fail when I'm sending to people without iMessage. This worked about a week ago.

I have reviewed this doc and I am still having issues - Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Messages on my Mac are setup as follows:

I have them setup to send from phone number and email address

I keep getting the 'Not Delivered' error message.

I am connected to Wifi on my Mac and cell phone (iPhone).

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 12:00 PM

that article talks about sending from your phone, directly.

This one may provide that additional insights you need from your Mac:

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac - Apple Support

Remember that you must be using the Same Apple-ID on both devices, and that SMS messages are LITERALLY forwarded through your iPhone -- therefore your iPhone MUST be powered on and have cellular service to forward theses messages from your Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2022 12:00 PM in response to lyle189

that article talks about sending from your phone, directly.

This one may provide that additional insights you need from your Mac:

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac - Apple Support

Remember that you must be using the Same Apple-ID on both devices, and that SMS messages are LITERALLY forwarded through your iPhone -- therefore your iPhone MUST be powered on and have cellular service to forward theses messages from your Mac.

Can't send messages via Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.