Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if Buy an Apple Watch ( Series 6 -7-8 ) GSP+Cell in Switzerland ( non EU ) would it work with the Spanish providers ( Vodafone, Movistar, Orange ) ?

Hello..

the question is simple ( and not asking for warranties or so ever )

Is just to know if I buy an Apple Watch ( lets say series 8 , bur could be earlier ), in Switzerland ( a non EU country, and where providers are Sunrise, Swisscom and Salt )

Is this model going to work with the providers in SPAIN ( providers Vodafone, Orange ES, Movistar ). ?

how about in another countries i.e Germany or France _

The GPS only version works , but not the cellular version ?

thanks for the clarification. Also I have read that there is also a Roaming free , coming with with the following upgrade to WatchOS 9 , in dec .2022 - to run as in all world wide ?

thanks for the tips.. as APPLE Customer Sales persons neither technical support were able to respond me this question.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 2:16 PM

tiocosa wrote:

Hello..

Is just to know if I buy an Apple Watch ( lets say series 8 , bur could be earlier ), in Switzerland ( a non EU country, and where providers are Sunrise, Swisscom and Salt )

Is this model going to work with the providers in SPAIN ( providers Vodafone, Orange ES, Movistar ). ?

Technically it should work. The EU and Switzerland use the same model Apple watch with the same hardware. It will however be entirely in the hands of the Spanish or German providers if they are willing to activate it on their networks. No hardware differences will prevent it though.

As said, the Cellular version should work. But the carriers have the last word on activation on their networks.

Also I have read that there is also a Roaming free , coming with with the following upgrade to WatchOS 9 , in dec .2022 - to run as in all world wide ?

Just like the iPhone, when traveling outside of the country, Roaming fees can apply to the Apple Watch now. You will need to contact your cellular / mobile service provider to inquire bout the roaming fees for the Apple Watch,

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2022 2:16 PM in response to tiocosa

tiocosa wrote:

Hello..

Technically it should work. The EU and Switzerland use the same model Apple watch with the same hardware. It will however be entirely in the hands of the Spanish or German providers if they are willing to activate it on their networks. No hardware differences will prevent it though.

As said, the Cellular version should work. But the carriers have the last word on activation on their networks.

Also I have read that there is also a Roaming free , coming with with the following upgrade to WatchOS 9 , in dec .2022 - to run as in all world wide ?

Just like the iPhone, when traveling outside of the country, Roaming fees can apply to the Apple Watch now. You will need to contact your cellular / mobile service provider to inquire bout the roaming fees for the Apple Watch,

if Buy an Apple Watch ( Series 6 -7-8 ) GSP+Cell in Switzerland ( non EU ) would it work with the Spanish providers ( Vodafone, Movistar, Orange ) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.