Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Person on facetime seeing black screen when i screen share

Whenever I screen share, the person viewing my screen is met with only a black screen, does anyone know how to fix this?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 5:28 PM

Jimenezleslie Said:

"Person on facetime seeing black screen when i screen share: I just go to my Home Screen, photos, or just anywhere that’s not FaceTime my husband says he cannot see anything but a black screen. We use to even watch TikTok’s together and that does not work either ."

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

Try Swiping-Down from the top-right corner of your screen. See if that rids of this window. If not, I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop(because it was updating), or is simply frozen. So, if swiping down does not work, refer to the following... Try as Instructed here: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2022 5:28 PM in response to Jimenezleslie

Jimenezleslie Said:

"Person on facetime seeing black screen when i screen share: I just go to my Home Screen, photos, or just anywhere that’s not FaceTime my husband says he cannot see anything but a black screen. We use to even watch TikTok’s together and that does not work either ."

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

Try Swiping-Down from the top-right corner of your screen. See if that rids of this window. If not, I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop(because it was updating), or is simply frozen. So, if swiping down does not work, refer to the following... Try as Instructed here: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Sep 7, 2022 8:27 PM in response to Jimenezleslie

Jimenezleslie Said:

"Person on facetime seeing black screen when i screen share: Whenever I screen share, the person viewing my screen is met with only a black screen, does anyone know how to fix this?"

-------

Black Screen on Facebook:

What exactly are your sharing? A black screen typically comes up for copywriter content played in TV or Music.

Person on facetime seeing black screen when i screen share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.