Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

E-sim for iPhone 14: can I keep my phone number?

I want to pre-order the iPhone 14 Pro Max this Friday (September 9th), but I understand that the new iPhone has no sim tray. First, should I buy the phone locked to my carrier (T-Mobile) or unlocked off of Apple's site? Secondly, based on either decision of the first, would I be forced to change my phone number?

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 9:16 PM

I have always purchased iPhones directly from Apple. This ensures that the iPhone is unlocked and can be used with any carrier. As you know, you also have the option to buy the iPhone locked to your carrier (T-Mobile in your example) if you like that carrier's payment terms and other perks. This decision is yours.

You will be able to keep the same phone number no matter which route you pick to purchase your new iPhone.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2022 9:16 PM in response to mathewjoshua66

I have always purchased iPhones directly from Apple. This ensures that the iPhone is unlocked and can be used with any carrier. As you know, you also have the option to buy the iPhone locked to your carrier (T-Mobile in your example) if you like that carrier's payment terms and other perks. This decision is yours.

You will be able to keep the same phone number no matter which route you pick to purchase your new iPhone.

Axel F.

E-sim for iPhone 14: can I keep my phone number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.