Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove “get ready for your new iPad”

I get this message every time I buy a device as a gift. The trick that worked for me was to do as others suggested, turn off iCloud back up then turn it back on. It is amazing to me that apple has not fixed this issue or at least provided a way to remove it.

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 10:00 PM

TAH62 Said:

"How to remove 'get ready for your new iPad" I get this message every time I buy a device as a gift. The trick that worked for me was to do as others suggested, turn off iCloud back up then turn it back on. It is amazing to me that apple has not fixed this issue or at least provided a way to remove it."

-------

Give Apple your Feedback:

These are user-to-user forums. So, give Apple your feedback through use of their feedback forums.  Apple barely reads these as it is on their own will and item. The more feedback Apple receives on this, the more Apple will know what suits their customers' needs.

How to Give Apple Feedback:

Being there is no direct link for Apple Arcade, use their iTunes forums.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Select: "Performance" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on why this suits your needs. Include the URL of the thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2022 10:00 PM in response to TAH62

TAH62 Said:

"How to remove 'get ready for your new iPad" I get this message every time I buy a device as a gift. The trick that worked for me was to do as others suggested, turn off iCloud back up then turn it back on. It is amazing to me that apple has not fixed this issue or at least provided a way to remove it."

-------

Give Apple your Feedback:

These are user-to-user forums. So, give Apple your feedback through use of their feedback forums.  Apple barely reads these as it is on their own will and item. The more feedback Apple receives on this, the more Apple will know what suits their customers' needs.

How to Give Apple Feedback:

Being there is no direct link for Apple Arcade, use their iTunes forums.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Select: "Performance" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on why this suits your needs. Include the URL of the thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

Sep 8, 2022 6:38 AM in response to LotusPilot

The message does not go away.

You have to do something to make it go away.

Your reply does nothing but tell users just put up with it.

There are several messages about this issue, for both iPads and iPhones for over a year.

Someone at apple will mark your inane and incorrect response best answer which does not solve the problem.

So I am hopeful that this message will come up in a search for those of us that do want to just ignore an incorrect message.

the solution that worked for me is to:

turn off iCloud back up and then turn it back on to get the message to disappear.

You and your rote INCORRECT reply “can simply be ignored”.

Sep 8, 2022 6:42 AM in response to TAH62

As The Littles said, “These are user-to-user forums. So, give Apple your feedback through use of their feedback forums.” We cannot make it go away. Sometimes the Best Answer is simply the best we can do in the given set of circumstances. Please follow the link above to offer your feedback to Apple.

Sep 8, 2022 7:37 AM in response to LotusPilot

Your information is incorrect. The message does not just go away on its own. You just keep replying ignore it. That is not helpful. In fact it is frustrating that in many posts in this issue that is the reply when there is a work around.

Turn off iCloud back up. Then turn it back on and the message will go away.

As have seen the same unhelpful reply more than once I started this message to share the work around. That actually solves the issue.

How to remove “get ready for your new iPad”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.