Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete “Get ready for your new iPhone” message

I bought my son a new iPhone using my phone/Apple ID and now my phone has a prompt in settings ‘get ready for your new iPhone’ and I can’t delete it. Previous threads have said turn iCloud backup off and then on again, but this doesn’t work. How do I delete this message, it’s irritating and I don’t want to press it by accident. Thanks.

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 6:04 PM

Hi OldGoldWolf,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

All this is really asking you to do is make an iCloud backup of the data on your device but allowing extra space if you are on the 5GB plan. It won't start transferring to your son's new iPhone if you do this and he doesn't use your Apple ID to set up his iPhone.

You can read more about the feature here: Get temporary iCloud storage when you buy a new iPhone or iPad. It will also expire in 21 days.

You can leave Product Feedback about this feature and the right team may be able to review it.

Have a fantastic day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2022 6:04 PM in response to OldGoldWolf

Hi OldGoldWolf,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

All this is really asking you to do is make an iCloud backup of the data on your device but allowing extra space if you are on the 5GB plan. It won't start transferring to your son's new iPhone if you do this and he doesn't use your Apple ID to set up his iPhone.

You can read more about the feature here: Get temporary iCloud storage when you buy a new iPhone or iPad. It will also expire in 21 days.

You can leave Product Feedback about this feature and the right team may be able to review it.

Have a fantastic day!

Delete “Get ready for your new iPhone” message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.