Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i restore my contacts? I was ereasing contacts out of my old phone and it was deleting from my new one.

how do i restore my contacts? I was erasing contacts out of my old phone and it was deleting from my new one.

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 2:11 PM

That is correct If contacts are sync'd either to iCloud or Google or Hotmail, or any other account provider, deleting from one will delete from the others.

If sync'd to iCloud:

try this 

Use iCloud.com to restore and recover iCloud information – Apple Support (UK)

If sync'd to another email account contact the account provider (Google, Microsoft, Yahoo) to find out how to restore deleted contacts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2022 2:11 PM in response to dorisnixon55

That is correct If contacts are sync'd either to iCloud or Google or Hotmail, or any other account provider, deleting from one will delete from the others.

If sync'd to iCloud:

try this 

Use iCloud.com to restore and recover iCloud information – Apple Support (UK)

If sync'd to another email account contact the account provider (Google, Microsoft, Yahoo) to find out how to restore deleted contacts.

how do i restore my contacts? I was ereasing contacts out of my old phone and it was deleting from my new one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.