Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iphone 14 pro max Brought from USA(California) to Use it in India.

1 Question- Is there any issues to use iPhone 14 pro max in India that was to buy From USA(California) ?

2 Question- What are Difference Between Iphone 14 pro max USA unit and Indian Unit?

3 Question- Can i claim warranty for US unit in India?

4 Question- Pros and Cons of Using US unit in India

5 Question-Most of them Said that device should be carrier unlocked but i didn't know about that?

What does it mean??

Can you explain??

Can you please help me by answering for my doubts??

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 10:04 PM

1. Yes. The U.S. iPhone 14 is designed to work with U.S. carriers that support eSIMs. Whether or not, a cellular provider in India will provide eSIM service may be suspect. The iPhone 14 models do not support physical SIM cards.
  2. Apple has not provided enough details on what the differences are, if any.
  3. No. Apple does not provide an international warranty for the iPhone.

The bottom line? Your best bet would be to purchase the iPhone either at the online Apple Store for India, or to visit one of "brick & mortar" stores there.

However, to get answers for all of your questions, I suggest that you contact Apple directly here:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2022 10:04 PM in response to shankaran0724

1. Yes. The U.S. iPhone 14 is designed to work with U.S. carriers that support eSIMs. Whether or not, a cellular provider in India will provide eSIM service may be suspect. The iPhone 14 models do not support physical SIM cards.
  2. Apple has not provided enough details on what the differences are, if any.
  3. No. Apple does not provide an international warranty for the iPhone.

The bottom line? Your best bet would be to purchase the iPhone either at the online Apple Store for India, or to visit one of "brick & mortar" stores there.

However, to get answers for all of your questions, I suggest that you contact Apple directly here:

Using iphone 14 pro max Brought from USA(California) to Use it in India.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.