Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPhone abroad

Can I use the iPhone I bought from the USA in Turkiye?

Some say that the iPhone bought from certain countries can not be used in Turkiye even if I register it to my passport.

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 12:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 12:48 AM

Carrier-connected iPhone SE, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models will arrive ready to activate with eSIM and can connect to your cellular voice and data service without a physical SIM card.

If you completed the steps to authorize activation with AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon when you purchased your new iPhone online, it will arrive ready to use. Just turn it on and follow the onscreen instructions to set it up and activate with the carrier. To activate with eSIM, you will need Wi-Fi for setup.

If you choose "Connect to a carrier later" when you buy your iPhone, you can activate with your service when you receive your device. If you're asked to transfer your SIM, follow the onscreen instructions to transfer service from your previous iPhone. To learn more, visit About eSIM on iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2022 12:48 AM in response to Fuveytih

Carrier-connected iPhone SE, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models will arrive ready to activate with eSIM and can connect to your cellular voice and data service without a physical SIM card.

If you completed the steps to authorize activation with AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon when you purchased your new iPhone online, it will arrive ready to use. Just turn it on and follow the onscreen instructions to set it up and activate with the carrier. To activate with eSIM, you will need Wi-Fi for setup.

If you choose "Connect to a carrier later" when you buy your iPhone, you can activate with your service when you receive your device. If you're asked to transfer your SIM, follow the onscreen instructions to transfer service from your previous iPhone. To learn more, visit About eSIM on iPhone - Apple Support

Using iPhone abroad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.