Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone restore asks for a six digit passcode I never created

I’ve already tried restoring my phone and it’s still locked and needs a 6 digit passcode that I never created. The Verizon rep had me erase settings on my phone and my passcode went from a 4 to 6 digit passcode. How can I fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 1:21 AM

Lock Screen Passcode or Screen Time Passcode.

Following this process is the only way out if your iPhone is disabled. The steps given in this link will help you reset the passcode -> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

2 replies

Sep 9, 2022 1:22 AM in response to moralesR

moralesR wrote:

a 6 digit passcode that I never created.

Smart Phones neither have the intelligence nor has the hostility. Hence we need to look at our device settings and the way we synchronise our smart phones with Mac/PC/iCloud and also how careful are we in sharing our sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Please keep the screen lcoked when not in use. Access features from the iPhone Lock Screen - Apple Support
  2. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  3. Don't share Apple IDs
  4. Don't Jailbreak
  5. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods
  6. Is this your corporate iPhone? Do you have any profile installed by your corporate / organisation / enterprise / School Management? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate / organisation / enterprise / School Management. If you have installed it on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...

iPhone restore asks for a six digit passcode I never created

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.