Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pair Cellar Watch to Non-Cellular iPhone?

My daughter has a active cellular watch and my old iPhone X that is not active on a cell plan. Can I pair the watch to the iPhone and not activate the iPhone? Is it possible to have the end result as Watch still works and uses Cellular and iPhone is paired, but does not have access to cellular network? I don't want to have the iPhone on the cellular network, but use the iPhone to get more features and customization on the Watch. (Family setup does not allow any customization or new apps) I'm afraid that if I pair it then I will have to have the iPhone on a cellular plan. Thank you!

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 4:51 AM

The cellular watch uses it's paired phone's number if the phone has no network then the watch will pair but the cellular won't work.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2022 4:51 AM in response to uw165

The cellular watch uses it's paired phone's number if the phone has no network then the watch will pair but the cellular won't work.

Pair Cellar Watch to Non-Cellular iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.