Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Child account under family sharing

I am setting up family sharing for our phones. My child already has a phone and an account. Every time I try to add a child account, it prompts me to create a new account.. am I able to set her account up as my child without creating a new Apple ID?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 7:21 AM

If your child already has an account, then add that account and don't create a new one.

If the child account is under 13 years of age it needs to be tied to a Family Sharing group and as such you would need to have it moved from whatever Family group its currently in to your new Family Group.

Link-> Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2022 7:21 AM in response to katalin176

If your child already has an account, then add that account and don't create a new one.

If the child account is under 13 years of age it needs to be tied to a Family Sharing group and as such you would need to have it moved from whatever Family group its currently in to your new Family Group.

Link-> Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

Child account under family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.