Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating Rules for emails

I don't have a Mac computer or an iPhone anymore but I still use my iCloud email address regularly.

I am in the process of cleaning out my inbox and applying some rules to junk emails.

My question is: What is the format for adding more than one email to the same rule?

Example: If I want to create one rule for all the emails I deem "Trash" instead of having to do each email address individually. I have over 100 emails I need to route to trash and didn't want to have to create a different rule for each one.

Example 2: Walmart has a different email address for each of their products. There are newsletters, account emails, and departmental emails like photos and pharmacy etc. If I want to route the important ones like the account and pharmacy to a folder and route the newsletters and junk to the trash, how can I add their 2 emails to the same rule?

I've tried several different methods, based on the formats of other email providers. Some do it automatically when you press enter. Some require you to insert a comma or a semicolon between the emails, some require the word "OR" between the emails. I've tried all these methods with iCloud and nothing seems to work.

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 7:53 AM

I ended up calling Apple Support and they confirmed my worst fear!! There is NO way to achieve what I am inquiring about. You would have to create a separate rule for each of the incoming emails.

The only other "solution" I could think of would be to have all incoming emails forwarded to another email address on Outlook and sort them once they are received there. (I know outlook supports what I am trying to achieve with Apple.)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2022 7:53 AM in response to CharityRenee

I ended up calling Apple Support and they confirmed my worst fear!! There is NO way to achieve what I am inquiring about. You would have to create a separate rule for each of the incoming emails.

The only other "solution" I could think of would be to have all incoming emails forwarded to another email address on Outlook and sort them once they are received there. (I know outlook supports what I am trying to achieve with Apple.)

Creating Rules for emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.