Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to view Top Gun Maverick movie on TV via iMac Pro Air Play

Unable to view iTunes downloaded Top Gun Maverick (TGM) movie from iMac Pro via Apple’s Display Air Play/Airport Express - Air Play on a new Sony TV’s Air Play due to HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) Error while using new HDMI cables. All devices/cables are HDCP compliant. All devices are on the same Secure Network. Did a second movie file download to check for movie file corruption. Can view TGM movie Extras – 2 Songs and 7 Featured Bonus short movie clips on TV but get HDCP error when trying to view 2 Hour 10 Min full length movie on TV. Screen Sharing was Off, image was set to full screen, selected Mirror Displays Optimized for Sony KD-55X80K. Does anyone else have this HDCP Error showing in a similar configuration ??? I have contacted Apple and Sony Tech Support but they have not come up with a solution, nor have I found a solution on the Apple Forums or Google Search.

iMac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 11:00 AM

I contacted Apple Tech Support again and they said that the problem is with my Sony TV model having a Copyright bug giving the HDCP Error. I called Sony Tech Support and they confirmed this bug and said that a FW update should be out in about 2 months. Per Apple Tech Spt - the workaround is to connect Apple TV 4K. This will fix the problem.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2022 11:00 AM in response to Tom Johnson

I contacted Apple Tech Support again and they said that the problem is with my Sony TV model having a Copyright bug giving the HDCP Error. I called Sony Tech Support and they confirmed this bug and said that a FW update should be out in about 2 months. Per Apple Tech Spt - the workaround is to connect Apple TV 4K. This will fix the problem.

Unable to view Top Gun Maverick movie on TV via iMac Pro Air Play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.