Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

make ringtone ring on silent mode

Is there any possible way that I can make my ringtone ring when my phone is on silent mode? I always keep it on silent because I can’t stand the constant app sounds, but I’d still like my ringtone to sound when i’m getting a call. I know there is apps option you can toggle for specific contacts so that their calls/messages sound even when you’re on silent mode, but:

• I’d like the ringtone to sound no matter what, even if they’re not in my contacts
  • I don’t want text messages to sound either, as that’s just annoying.

ive been wondering about this since 2014, when I got my first custom ringtone and couldn’t stand having silent mode turned off just so I could hear my new ringtone. I feel like this is a very standard point of view, and I don’t understand why it has never been introduced.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 5:20 PM

Instead of silent mode, you should try 'Focus.' You can set focus to allow calls from 'everyone' but also prevent any apps from sending notifications.

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

make ringtone ring on silent mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.