Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ford CarPlay

When I try to call while in my car using voice command, the system does not work. I recently upgraded the iOS on my IPhone. It stopped working after the upgrade. I’m looking for a fix. My truck uses Sync3.

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 10:44 AM

1. Make sure your Sync 3 is running the latest software. Update if necessary (follow the instructions in your Ford Sync manual)
  2. Try deleting your iPhone from the Sync 3 Bluetooth menu and then repairing it.

I have a 2016 F-150 with Sync 3 and an iPhone 13 running iOS 15.6.1 and all is well. Good luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2022 10:44 AM in response to Booworm1

1. Make sure your Sync 3 is running the latest software. Update if necessary (follow the instructions in your Ford Sync manual)
  2. Try deleting your iPhone from the Sync 3 Bluetooth menu and then repairing it.

I have a 2016 F-150 with Sync 3 and an iPhone 13 running iOS 15.6.1 and all is well. Good luck.

Sep 10, 2022 11:44 AM in response to Booworm1

Ah, well, that explains a lot. iOS 16 hasn’t been released yet, and won’t be for awhile so you are obviously running the public beta. Remember, beta software is not fully bug free by definition and may still contain show-stopping glitches.

So your best bet is to remove the beta version of iOS 16 and return to the current official iOS release which is 15.6.1, with 15.7 on the way soon. As a general rule of thumb, never, EVER install beta software on your everyday, working device, you are asking, no begging for trouble.

How to uninstall iOS or iPadOS beta software - Apple Support

Ford CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.