Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone locked to owner

i reported my iphone lost and it was erased and is now locked to owner. i have tried to connect to computer and icloud to restore but when trying to activate it is says that there is a problem with this Iphone, it has been reported lost. when i try again it gives me the same error message. please help

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 9:05 PM

You have run into the Activation Lock. This is a security feature. You will need the original owner’s Apple ID and Password to remove the Activation Lock.

Did you purchase this iPhone secondhand? If YES, then the seller sold you an iPhone that was reported lost or stolen. Contact the seller and see whether they can provide the necessary information to you. If NOT, then there is nothing else that you can do to use that iPhone.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2022 9:05 PM in response to Mymysticaldream

You have run into the Activation Lock. This is a security feature. You will need the original owner’s Apple ID and Password to remove the Activation Lock.

Did you purchase this iPhone secondhand? If YES, then the seller sold you an iPhone that was reported lost or stolen. Contact the seller and see whether they can provide the necessary information to you. If NOT, then there is nothing else that you can do to use that iPhone.

Axel F.

iphone locked to owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.