Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to throw away photos from my library, preferably from the album i am in.

i want to throw away photos from my library, preferably from the album i am in. But sometimes i can, sometimes i cannot, ie i can only remove them from the album. Why is that?

MacBook, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 6:29 AM

Because images can be in more than one album, you might not want to delete images from an album (and remove them everywhere) so the default is to just remove them.

If you want to delete them then hold down the CMD key while using the delete key (or image>delete - in fact you will see in the menu "remove" change to "delete" as you press CMD)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2022 6:29 AM in response to mrsupstairs

Because images can be in more than one album, you might not want to delete images from an album (and remove them everywhere) so the default is to just remove them.

If you want to delete them then hold down the CMD key while using the delete key (or image>delete - in fact you will see in the menu "remove" change to "delete" as you press CMD)

i want to throw away photos from my library, preferably from the album i am in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.