You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone locked by Apple until October 6

My iPhone is currently locked by Apple as I have forgotten my Apple ID password. I cannot use it, not even the flashlight, until October 6, at the earliest. If I remove the SIM card from this iPhone and replace it with another (potentially new) SIM card, what services will I have? Am I risking losing anything in the current (locked) iPhone? If I install the current SIM card in a new phone, what could happen? I am desperate, thanks. Pedro

iPhone 6s, 15

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 9:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 12:15 PM

You aren't supposed to do anything with your phone until the password is recovered and you can sign in.

From the article below.

After you request account recovery, you get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access.

• If you submitted your account recovery request with iforgot.apple.com through your device's browser, you should avoid using that device during this period. Using that device might cancel account recovery. 

• To avoid delays, turn off other devices that are signed in with your Apple ID until account recovery is complete. 

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2022 12:15 PM in response to alicea48

You aren't supposed to do anything with your phone until the password is recovered and you can sign in.

From the article below.

After you request account recovery, you get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access.

• If you submitted your account recovery request with iforgot.apple.com through your device's browser, you should avoid using that device during this period. Using that device might cancel account recovery. 

• To avoid delays, turn off other devices that are signed in with your Apple ID until account recovery is complete. 

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

iPhone locked by Apple until October 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.