Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast Connect showing new episode as published but it's not available in the Apple Podcast listing for the show.

Hello,

I am hoping someone might have some advice as I've run into an issue with new episodes of my podcast not showing up in Apple Podcast.

I have a podcast called The Grey NATO, it is hosted on SoundCloud and I have been publishing episodes to the RSS feed since 2016. Last week, for Episode 206, the show was published but was not added to the listing on Apple Podcasts.

Other sources and clients all got the episode correctly from the feed. Where it gets even more confusing is that Apple Podcast Connect shows the episode as "Published" in the episode view, but again, it's not available to the audience on Apple Podcasts.

I have opened two tickets with Apple but have yet to get a reply. I have also tried refreshing the feed in Podcasts Connect and even reuploaded the episode to test. No change.

Here is the show link in Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-grey-nato/id1080535798

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

James

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 2:52 PM

Several people have complained recently of unusually slow updating, so something my be going on: Robert Walch has suggested that it might be to do with an upcoming iOS update.

Epsiode 206 originally went in on Thursday, so three days is a little longer than the usual delay: it may be that it will appear eventually. However the result of your re-uploading is that it's appeared as a new episode so subscribers now have a duplicate - both versions appear in the subscribe listing on a Mac. You might as well remove the re-upoad, it's not going to help matters.

As you've tried refreshing the feed (though I've never been convinced that this actually does anything much) and attempted to contact Support there's not much you can do - though how did you contact Support? It's no good using getsupport.apple.com - they don't deal with podcasts. The correct link is https://itunespartner.apple.com/contact/?content_type=podcasts

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2022 2:52 PM in response to thegreynato

Several people have complained recently of unusually slow updating, so something my be going on: Robert Walch has suggested that it might be to do with an upcoming iOS update.

Epsiode 206 originally went in on Thursday, so three days is a little longer than the usual delay: it may be that it will appear eventually. However the result of your re-uploading is that it's appeared as a new episode so subscribers now have a duplicate - both versions appear in the subscribe listing on a Mac. You might as well remove the re-upoad, it's not going to help matters.

As you've tried refreshing the feed (though I've never been convinced that this actually does anything much) and attempted to contact Support there's not much you can do - though how did you contact Support? It's no good using getsupport.apple.com - they don't deal with podcasts. The correct link is https://itunespartner.apple.com/contact/?content_type=podcasts

Sep 12, 2022 9:34 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the reply, I have a couple of tickets created via that same link you provided but I appreciate the clarity.

I'm not sure how to proceed if they don't reply to the tickets, there appears to be some disconnect between Podcast Connect and Apple Podcasts.

Do you think there might be a solution in subscribing to the Apple Podcasters Program? Either for the option of better support or to manually add the episode to the Apple Podcast listing?

Thanks again,

James

Sep 12, 2022 10:06 AM in response to thegreynato

Becoming a "Podcast Partner' is a big step. For a start, episodes have to be WAV or FLAC so you would have to remake every episode's media file, quite apart from assembling all the episodes in Podcasts Connect as it would effectively be a new podcast (and your existing subscibers wouldn't get the episodes). I would hesitate to recommend it, particularly just to counter slow updating.

But I'm afraid I can't be of any help. You're not the only one - a number of people have complained about the same thing, so it does look as if something is going on at Apple's end. It will probably sort itself out eventually.

Sep 13, 2022 10:25 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks again, Roger.

I dug further and it seems like this issue was stemming from a broken connection between apple and SoundCloud. I have migrated my entire show to a new host and the new episode is showing again. It seems SoundCloud changed something in their RSS that didn't work with Apple Podcasts.

Thanks again for your help and consideration.

James

The Grey NATO

Podcast Connect showing new episode as published but it's not available in the Apple Podcast listing for the show.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.