Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast not updating via RSS feed

I host my podcast on Libsyn and upload to Apple Podcasts via RSS feed. When I publish, it typically takes 30 -60 minutes for the podcast to appear.

However, my last podcast episode was released earlier today and is not appearing on Apple Podcasts, but is on every other platform.

My podcast is set to check the RSS feed daily - and the last update was a couple of hours ago.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

[Link edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 2:54 AM

You can't expect a new episode to appear immediately: if it does, you've just been lucky. Apple Podcasts caches the feeds and visits them in some sort of rotation:L there are many thousands, and it can take two days or so before it gets round to you - it just depends where you are in the cycle when you post.

Your new episode appears when subscribing on a Mac (where the feed is read directly) so you can expect it to appear in Podcasts 'browse' in a day or so.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 2:54 AM in response to LDR28

You can't expect a new episode to appear immediately: if it does, you've just been lucky. Apple Podcasts caches the feeds and visits them in some sort of rotation:L there are many thousands, and it can take two days or so before it gets round to you - it just depends where you are in the cycle when you post.

Your new episode appears when subscribing on a Mac (where the feed is read directly) so you can expect it to appear in Podcasts 'browse' in a day or so.

Podcast not updating via RSS feed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.