Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set communication limits on my son's iPhone?

Hi, I have tried setting Communication Limits on my son’s phone to specific people during Downtime/Screen Time, but when I do this, it essentially blocks everyone instead of leaving the specific contacts I listed available for communication. Since I do want him to be able to reach his father and me in an emergency I have to disable the communication limits. But I do want to curb his texting during downtime hours. What am I missing here? Is there more than one location to make this change?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 9:08 PM

after lots of trial and error, this finally worked for me. Click link below then scroll to this section

“Set communication limits on a family member’s device“

Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

3 replies

Sep 11, 2022 11:39 PM in response to Etoile1996

If you haven't already turned on Screen Time, tap Turn On Screen Time, tap Continue, then tap This is My Child's iPhone. Tap Communication Limits, then do any of the following: Limit communication at any time: Tap During Screen Time, then select Contacts Only, Contacts & Groups with at Least One Contact, or Everyone.

Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPhone

How do I set communication limits on my son's iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.