Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my child’s screen time randomly turning off on its own? They do not have the passcode

My child is set up under family sharing and I control screen time from there. My children do not have the passcode, but their screen time keeps turning off on its own. My daughter comes to me when she notices it, and I have to go back in on my phone and fix it. Why is this happening??

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 7:06 PM

GarzaMomma Said:

"Why is my child’s screen time randomly turning off on its own? They do not have the passcode: [...]My daughter comes to me when she notices it, and I have to go back in on my phone and fix it. Why is this happening??"

-------

Troubleshooting Screen Time with a Black Screen::

The issue is either (A)Screen Time is blocking it out bases on your settings, or (B)the screen is black and you need to fix that.

A. Troubleshooting Screen Time:

Make sure Screen Time is Set Up Correctly. Go Here: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

Try Swiping-Down from the top-right corner of your screen. See if that rids of this window. If not, I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop(because it was updating), or is simply frozen. So, if swiping down does not work, refer to the following... Use my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2022 7:06 PM in response to GarzaMomma

GarzaMomma Said:

"Why is my child’s screen time randomly turning off on its own? They do not have the passcode: [...]My daughter comes to me when she notices it, and I have to go back in on my phone and fix it. Why is this happening??"

-------

Troubleshooting Screen Time with a Black Screen::

The issue is either (A)Screen Time is blocking it out bases on your settings, or (B)the screen is black and you need to fix that.

A. Troubleshooting Screen Time:

Make sure Screen Time is Set Up Correctly. Go Here: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

Try Swiping-Down from the top-right corner of your screen. See if that rids of this window. If not, I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop(because it was updating), or is simply frozen. So, if swiping down does not work, refer to the following... Use my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Oct 2, 2022 12:46 PM in response to N1k1sk1

N1k1ski Said:

"This is happening to me as well. Whenever I get a screen time request and approve of it, it disabled screen time completely instead of the specific request

———-

Did you just Update your iPhone?

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this post
  4. Proceed from there as necessar

Why is my child’s screen time randomly turning off on its own? They do not have the passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.