Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to find recently added items from Apple Music on my iPod

Apple recentlytook away iTunes and it's useful features like being able to find recently added items on the iPod that is plugged in to the MacBook. So, I drag songs from the Apple Music menu to the iPod. The little progress ring goes around, suggesting that the songs were transferred from the MacBook to the iPod. But the songs are not on in the iPod nor are they on the iPod "recently added" list. In the past, before Apple decided to remove flexibility from their "improved" product, the plugged in iPod had a menu below it (in the sidebar under Devices in iTunes). Here I could look into the iPod's Recently Added list to make sure that the selected songs had been transferred TO the iPod. That was with iTunes. With Apple Music there is no way to look into the iPod's Recently Added folder while it is hooked up to the MacBook. I can look into EVERY item of the iPod with useless headings like "artist" and "time" but of course there is no "date added" column because, well, that would make sense. Seems like Apple keeps "improving" itself out of any reason to keep Apple products in my house.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 12:33 AM

Manually managing devices is much less effective with the combination of Music and Finder when compared to iTunes. Switch to syncing with selected playlists. A single list will do, or you can get creative with a playlist folder that contains a manual list and a few smart lists that capture some content automatically, e.g. recent additions to the library. Another smart playlist outside of this folder can show all items that are not in the folder, allowing you to quickly scan it for tracks not currently scheduled to sync to the device. Once you've reviewed your lists you connect the device and sync to update it.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 12:33 AM in response to mikozilla

Manually managing devices is much less effective with the combination of Music and Finder when compared to iTunes. Switch to syncing with selected playlists. A single list will do, or you can get creative with a playlist folder that contains a manual list and a few smart lists that capture some content automatically, e.g. recent additions to the library. Another smart playlist outside of this folder can show all items that are not in the folder, allowing you to quickly scan it for tracks not currently scheduled to sync to the device. Once you've reviewed your lists you connect the device and sync to update it.

tt2

Sep 12, 2022 6:19 PM in response to turingtest2

tt2,

Thank you for he ideas. I will give them a try. I did note that the only check box that relates to syncing takes me straight to a full sync of the iPod.....which is precisely what I DO NOT want to do. That is the only way to get to the menu (it's in lighter text) that has the synch selected playlist check box. I will take more of my time to relearn a new way of doing things because....Apple says so??? Would someone let the people know that switching stuff around is not innovation, so stop pretending?

Sorry I editorialize.

Thank you for thee ideas.

how to find recently added items from Apple Music on my iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.