Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spatial Audio missing (Airpods Pro, Macbook Pro M1)

Whenever I listen to music in Apple Music, I do not get Atmos songs delivered. Next to this, there is no spatial audio settings in my airpod settings. Anybody an idea?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 5:34 AM

3 replies

Sep 16, 2022 8:30 AM in response to sjoerd145

Hi sjoerd145,

According to the article from above, iPhone, iPad and M1 Mac devices need to be playing the appropriate type of music to trigger the option to appear.

Turn on spatial audio on your iPhone or iPad
1. Make sure that you're wearing your AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, AirPods (3rd generation), or Beats Fit Pro, and that they're connected to your iPhone or iPad.
2. Open Control Center on your iPhone or on your iPad.
3. Touch and hold the volume control to turn on spatial audio while you're playing multichannel content or Spatialize Stereo while you're playing two-channel stereo content. This also shows you the status icons.
4. When you turn on spatial audio with head tracking, audio adjusts based on your head movement. To turn on spatial audio and dynamic head tracking, tap Head Tracked. To turn on spatial audio only, tap Fixed. To turn off spatial audio and dynamic head tracking, tap Off.

Turn on spatial audio on your Mac with Apple silicon
Make sure that you're wearing your AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, AirPods (3rd generation), or Beats Fit Pro, and that they're connected to your Mac.
2. Click the AirPods or Beats icon in the menu bar to see Spatial Audio listed while you’re playing multichannel content, or Spatialize Stereo while you’re playing two-channel stereo content.
3. Click Head Tracked to turn on spatial audio and dynamic head tracking. To turn on spatial audio only, click Fixed. To turn off spatial audio and dynamic head tracking, click Off.

Listen with spatial audio for AirPods and Beats - Apple Support

Enjoy your day and listening with your AirPods Pro!

Spatial Audio missing (Airpods Pro, Macbook Pro M1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.