Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16 battery drain

Hi , i’ve just installed the new ios 16 . It’s great and includes bug fuxes , but i would like to delete it , as it drains my phones battery so fast . So i wanna know if its possible to delete ios 16

Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 11:39 AM

14 replies

Sep 21, 2022 11:12 AM in response to rr277

I have exactly the same problem on my iphone 12pro.

I don‘t think this problem will solve by itself. My wife has even more pictures on her phone. She just upgraded from an iphone xs to the iphone 14 and everything is fine.

It‘s 6 days now since I updated my phone and the battery drains so fast, that it is nearly unusable anymore.

I have to charge the phone 3 times a day!! All this full charging / decharging will also damage my battery!

The phone is also warm all the time. It‘s like having a heater in you pocket.

Sep 26, 2022 2:43 AM in response to nikalagvilava

I opened a call with Apple support and they are aware of it. Please log a support call with them. Also it may be causing the battery health on older phones to drop as well. My daughter's iPhone 11 pro did so (It fell below 80% and recomended replacing) in which case you should claim on Apple to replace it for you for free if it is iOS 16 that has caused it. Suggest all affected users log a support call with Apple.

Nov 6, 2022 12:03 AM in response to nikalagvilava

Hi!

I bought a new iPhone 14 pro no so far ago, and had the same issue. Before i had 13 pro and had same issue but solved it by resetting network settings, but it did't help me with 14 pro. I've done all recommendation i found :) even reinstalled from DFU, and set all phone configs manually, without importing from iCloud or elsewhere.

So after week investigation i found out that after disabling "Time-Sensitive Notifications" in all apps, i lost only 3% during night in a background, this percent was 25-30 before.

iOS 16 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.