Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anchor RSS FEED

I have a podcast on apple podcast which RSS FEED comes from Anchor.

I have just noticed that almost anyone from podcast's episodes can be played from apple podcast app.

Does anyone know why that is happening;

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 11:23 PM

I still can't subscribe in Apple Podcasts, though your link does lead to a feed. The one thing which caught my eye is that description for the overall podcast contains emojis, as does one of the later episodes. I don't know if this is the cause of the issue but it's asking for trouble - did you add them recently: if so they might be rendering the feed unreadable. I would advise getting rid of them.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 11:23 PM in response to gvakalo

I still can't subscribe in Apple Podcasts, though your link does lead to a feed. The one thing which caught my eye is that description for the overall podcast contains emojis, as does one of the later episodes. I don't know if this is the cause of the issue but it's asking for trouble - did you add them recently: if so they might be rendering the feed unreadable. I would advise getting rid of them.

Sep 12, 2022 2:13 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

The URL is the following https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-all-arounders/id1622245185

I mean: When i try to play the episodes from a browser (for example Firefox) everything works fine (plz check this here), but when someone tries to play an episode from Apple Podcasts App, then only 3 out of 50 + episodes works...

The podcast is hosted on Anchor and on the other platforms (Spotify & Google Podcasts) everything is ok

Sep 12, 2022 2:56 PM in response to gvakalo

The latest episode plays on the web preview page but not when I got into Podcasts app 'Browse' (on a Mac). I tried to subscribe (which on a Mac reads the feed directly), but it said that 'the server or feed cannot be found'.

If the feed had gone unavailable the listing would still show because Podcasts /iTunes Store caches the feed: and so would play episodes provided their URL hadn't changed since the feed was cached. This doesn't explain why more episodes work in the web preview, which should be reading the same database.

I can't proceed any further unless you post the URL of the feed, as I asked you to do.

Anchor RSS FEED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.