Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloads Folder Permissions

Hi,

I am running the latest version of Monterey on my 2019 MBP. I am running QBittorrent with the default downloads destination folder set as /Users/ed/Downloads

Why is it that QBittorrent is able to write to this folder when it has not asked for permissions to do so? If I look under the Files and Folders section of Security & Privacy (under System Prefs), QBittorrent is not listed. QBittorrent does not have full disk access granted either.

Thanks,

Ed.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 12:13 PM

QBittorrent is an application. You are running it in your user account and it is saving downloads as per normal to your user account's Downloads folder.

Any application running in your user account can save to your user account's Downloads folder provided 1) if that is the default save location for the app or 2) if you have set the app's file save preference to your user Downloads folder. Full Disk Access privileges are not necessary for this to happen.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2022 12:13 PM in response to ed2020

QBittorrent is an application. You are running it in your user account and it is saving downloads as per normal to your user account's Downloads folder.

Any application running in your user account can save to your user account's Downloads folder provided 1) if that is the default save location for the app or 2) if you have set the app's file save preference to your user Downloads folder. Full Disk Access privileges are not necessary for this to happen.

Downloads Folder Permissions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.