Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Insufficient permission' while downloading a torrent file.

It seems one of the problems here is with the latest system update from Chrome and Apple.

You may have to check your download destination files in you torrent app. Make sure they don't have a 'minus' next to them. If so, redirect them again to the necessary folder. On some torrent apps you may have to relocate your preferred download folders on the torrent app to another location.

This is also an issue with external drives.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 4:19 PM

Hi there

I am using Transmission as well. This problem, which I've solved using the method I earlier described, only occurred recently with the latest Monterey update and subsequent Chrome update.

Several of my friends have had the same issue and I thought the solution that I used might be worthwhile posting here.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2022 4:19 PM in response to ku4hx

Hi there

I am using Transmission as well. This problem, which I've solved using the method I earlier described, only occurred recently with the latest Monterey update and subsequent Chrome update.

Several of my friends have had the same issue and I thought the solution that I used might be worthwhile posting here.

'Insufficient permission' while downloading a torrent file.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.