Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when was the memory leak problem in macOS 12 fixed?

Monterey macOS 12 had a memory leak problem that was persistent through the updates Apple released. Has it been fixed? If so, in which version update?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 9:01 AM

To learn how to update macOS, please read Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support.

Whatever memory leak problem you allege existed has not been publicly acknowledged.

7 replies

Sep 13, 2022 9:12 AM in response to KatoBama

KatoBama wrote:

Monterey macOS 12 had a memory leak problem that was persistent through the updates Apple released. Has it been fixed? If so, in which version update?

Be careful about what you read on the internet. macOS Ventura is due to be released "this October", which means Monterey will be put into strict maintenance mode. Did you avoid installing Monterey because of these internet reports? You missed the whole thing. I have no doubt that there will be widespread reports of some problem with Ventura too. You'd better hold off on that. I know internet social media influencers who probably already have their viral macOS 14 problem reports ready to go once Apple gives it an official "California" name.

You may never upgrade your computer again, all because you believe what you see on the internet.

Sep 13, 2022 10:26 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Keith Barkley wrote:

I am assuming it is the Final Cut memory leak that was reported here, but it was still only sporadic reports.

I seem to remember some problem with mouse pointers too. I don't know. I never had any problem.

Pound for pound, I have far more trouble restraining myself from refuting lies posted by social media influencers than I have trouble with my Apple devices.

when was the memory leak problem in macOS 12 fixed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.