Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost all of media what I uploaded to icloud

Dear supporter.

My phone capacity was full so I bought 50gb in Icloud and then uploaded all of my photos+videos to icloud, after that I deleted the Photos and videos on my iphond. But now my media on Icloud all gone! What happened with them? Can you help me bring them back?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 7:48 PM

3 replies

Sep 12, 2022 7:56 PM in response to Dungvuminh

Dungvuminh Said:

"I lost all of media what I uploaded to iCloud: Dear supporter.: My phone capacity was full so I bought 50gb in Icloud and then uploaded all of my photos+videos to icloud, after that I deleted the Photos and videos on my iphond. But now my media on Icloud all gone! What happened with them? Can you help me bring them back?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Try Removing Data from the iPhone itself...

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Clear internal storage though use of the following:

MY Two User Tips:

Sep 12, 2022 7:57 PM in response to Dungvuminh

Dungvuminh Said:

"I lost all of media what I uploaded to iCloud: Dear supporter.: My phone capacity was full so I bought 50gb in Icloud and then uploaded all of my photos+videos to icloud, after that I deleted the Photos and videos on my iphond. But now my media on Icloud all gone! What happened with them? Can you help me bring them back?"

-------

Troubleshooting Missing Media:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos App - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card

Sep 12, 2022 8:08 PM in response to Dungvuminh

Check the Photos app on your phone.

Go to Albums and scroll all the way down; there should be a recently deleted album at the end (under Utilities).

You should be able to recover them from here (albeit one at a time).

If you can go to iCloud.com on a computer and login, the album should be there as well; it’s a little easier to restore multiple photos/videos there.

What you found out is that iCloud isn’t a backup; it’s a sync service, so when they were deleted off your phone they were deleted off iCloud as well.

I lost all of media what I uploaded to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.