Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get the old Modular Watch face back?

WatchOS 9 removed the old Modular watch face and renamed the Infographic Modular to Modular. How can I get the old Modular back? I need the larger numbers for some of the complications like temperature.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 4:10 PM

I am SO frustrated with the new modular face! There is no option to put the day/date in the middle. What is Apple thinking!?! The least they could do is keep the old face too! They added a second modular face and that is worse! Can we roll back the update? Very upsetting.

247 replies

Sep 16, 2022 9:56 PM in response to JLLindahl

YES! I thought I was going crazy. I used to use the infograph modular face and have the activity in the middle without the activity graph. So it would just show move goal -xxx, exercise goal - xxx stand goal - xxx under each other and then my 3 complications buttons underneath! this was simple and effective. now I have to use modular and a stupid graph in the middle of the screen for activity and its so ugly and overcomplicated! D: majorly disappointed.

Nov 28, 2022 9:59 AM in response to canderson16

canderson16 wrote:

I already did that as did countless others over the past few months. Would love just one example of Apple changing things...over a decade later of using Apple products exclusively (MacBook, iPhone, iPad and all the accessories) and I haven't seen that to be the case, myself. Maybe you know better. Having said that, my solution is to go back to my original Apple Watch that has the interface I need and return the new one I just bought and will buy a continuous O2 monitor as that is the only reason I wanted the new watch, and that will save me about $300! (Good continuous O2 monitors run in the $150 range.)

And anyway, here's a news flash: the O2 monitor on the Apple watches requires one to be perfectly motionless for 15 seconds - difficult to do when one is heaving/panting with low O2 levels. So it's back to my SE 1st gen, I'm sure I'll be happy with it for quite a while longer: I was perfectly happy with my original (used) Series 1 for years. Fortunately I'm not one to always need the latest, greatest, most up-to-datedness tech! ;-)

Hope everyone else can find a solution that works for them!

Really? Let's see, if you use MacOS, when Ventura was released recently, System Preferences were completely bulldozed in favor of a completely new version to get to settings. On Apple Watch, the water lock was changed from rotate the digital crown to push in and hold the digital crown. The way you open Control Center on Apple Watch has changed over the years. The way you now completely power down Apple Watch, is different in WatchOS 9.

I know you asked for just one example, but to be honest, the day isn't long enough for me to chronicle the changes new iOS/iPadOS/MacOS/WatchOS have brought over the years.

Oct 2, 2022 7:40 AM in response to JLLindahl

I agree with all the comments here and it’s certainly validating to read how they all reflect exactly how I feel and that this change is even agist. But like others have said and I’ve just done, please take a moment to lodge a complaint here (go to link below) so we can hopefully be heard by Apple since they don’t read comments here. Power in numbers.

Feedback - Watch - Apple

Oct 12, 2022 11:50 AM in response to Lnaq61

Lnaq61 wrote:

You are so right!!!! I have called everyone and emailed and text everyone i could think of with NO LUCK!!! What can we do??? Why get rid of a good thing. I see No reason to take it away. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!! I work in a Hospital and use my watch everyday Now it’s not worth it!!!

You can start by letting Apple know of your displeasure:

Product Feedback - Apple

Oct 19, 2022 4:38 PM in response to aurelio186

You're not speaking with anyone from Apple. You are only addressing other users on this user to user only forum. We didn't remove the face and we don't work for Apple.

Apple doesn't guarantee, nor do they have to that from time to time, they won't remove old or add new watch faces. If you're unhappy with their decision, this isn't the place to tell them so. Use this link --> Feedback - Watch - Apple

How can I get the old Modular Watch face back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.