Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore previous backup on IPhone

I recently got a IPad and used ICloud to add my photos and videos from my IPhone to my IPad. Since my IPad only has 64gig data, I deleted a bunch of photos and videos to clear storage on my IPad. But recently with this new update on the IPhone all those photos/videos are now deleted from IPhone. How do restore a previous backup so get those photos/videos back….? I had over 1k photos gone

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 12:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 12:30 AM

If you had enabled iCloud Photos and then if you delete Photos and Videos from the iPhone then it is deleted from iCloud Photos too, and vice-versa. Also, it is deleted from all the devices that use the same Apple ID.

And if you happen to take a backup either over iTunes or iCloud after deleting Photos and Videos all the photos are deleted from the backup (iCloud/iTunes) too when you take the backup next time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2022 12:30 AM in response to PanOtaku

If you had enabled iCloud Photos and then if you delete Photos and Videos from the iPhone then it is deleted from iCloud Photos too, and vice-versa. Also, it is deleted from all the devices that use the same Apple ID.

And if you happen to take a backup either over iTunes or iCloud after deleting Photos and Videos all the photos are deleted from the backup (iCloud/iTunes) too when you take the backup next time.

Restore previous backup on IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.